Have forgotten your WiFi password? Want to connect WiFi to your other device but don’t remember its password? Well, don’t panic. If you have your WiFi connected to your Windows 10 system then you can easily find the WiFi password on Windows 10. And if the WiFi is not connected to your system at present but if it was connected before then also you can find its password.
It is a wise move to secure your WiFi. As if you leave it as an open network then anyone can connect to it without your permission. The first thing which will be affected if your WiFi network is open that you will get the lower speed of the internet as other people will also be using it. Secondly, hackers know it very well how to hack a system through the open networks. So, setting WiFi password is important for security and safety too.
Thus, people tend to find the toughest and difficult to guess the password for their WiFi that includes numbers, characters, alphabets, special characters and so on. Though long and complicated passwords are safe but at the same time, they are difficult to remember.
And the in most situations people often forget their WiFi password. But don’t panic as there are different ways by which you can easily get your WiFi password from your Windows 10 PC. If the WiFi is connected to the system or it was connected in past then you can easily get the WiFi password.
This article of How To Find WiFi Password On Windows 10 Step By Step With Picture contains the 100% working solution to find WiFi password on Windows 10. So, here we go.
How To Find WiFi Password On Windows 10
Finding our WIFi’s password was easier in Windows 8. You only have to click on the WiFi icon to display the list of the available WiFi, find the desired one, right-click on it and select show character. But it’s not the same in Windows 10. You can’t directly find your WiFi’s password. But that doesn’t mean that you can’t find the WiFi password in Windows 10 as there are ways to find the WiFi password connected to your system though they are little complicated. So, here I will be explaining two ways to find your WiFi’s password on Windows 10 step by step.
Steps To Find WiFi Password On Windows 10 From Command Prompt
One of the best ways to find a WiFi’s Password. Well, not only the WiFi’s password to which you are currently connected but this magical method will also help you to get the WiFi’s password to which you were connected in past. Amazing, right? And no, you won’t have to go through a long procedure for the same instead, it takes only a few easy steps to get to know a WiFi’s password. But make sure that you previously connected to the WiFi of which you need to find the password on your Windows 10 system. Below is the complete procedure.
- To find your WiFi’s password on Windows 10 system, first press Win+R, type cmd.exe and hit enter. It will open the command prompt. You can also press Win+I and select command prompt to open it. Just choose any of the ways as per your choice.
- Now simply type netsh wlan show profile on the screen of command prompt. This command will display you a complete list of WiFi network were ever connected to via that PC.
- So, from the given list just find the WiFi of which you need to find the password.
- Next step is to type another command in the command prompt. So, type netsh wlan show profile name=profilename key=clear. But instead of the profilename, you have to type the name of the WiFi network of which you want to find the password. For instance, here I want to find the password of WiFi named “c:/virus.exe”. It was my previous WiFi network but now I don’t use it. Yes, I know this name is wierd. 😛 So, the command goes like netsh wlan show profile name=c:/virus.exe key=clear and the hit enter.
- That’s all you need to do. You can see that particular WiFi’s password just beside the key content present in the security settings as shown in the below image.
So, with the help of this method, you can get the current as well as old WIFi password connected to your Windows 10 system.
Steps To Find WiFi Password On Windows 10 From Control Panel
If you want to know your current WiFi password on Windows 10 but don’t want to go through those commands in the command prompt then this is the ideal method for you. This way will help you to find currently connected WIFi’s password on Windows 10 and for this, you will need to access the control panel.
- First of all, go to control panel. You can simply search in the search menu by typing Control Panel or open it from the run command.
- Now, find Network and Internet and then click on it.
- After that, simply click on Network and Sharing Center.
- It will take you to a new window. On the left sidebar of the new window, click on change adapter settings.
- Now, you will see the current WiFi connected to your system. So, right-click on it and select Status from the given options.
- On the new Window of WiFi-status, simple click on the Wireless Properties button.
- It will take you to the properties of the WiFi you are connected with. From the tabs on the top bar of the window, click on the Security tab. There you will get many properties like security type, encryption type, and Network security key. The Network security key option will provide you the password of your WiFi. So, click on show Characters link and you can see the WiFi’s password beside Network Security Key. Quite easy, isn’t it?
So, these were the two methods which will help you to find WiFi password on Widows 10. Hope the article was helpful. Will come up with another helpful one, till then bbye & TC. 🙂